Job Title: Cloud Architect
Job #: 8845981
Duration: 3 Months - Contract to Hire
Remote?: We are checking on this
We are looking for a Digital Platform Architect and Engineer to help lead our efforts in Cloud, Continuous Integration & Delivery, and DevOps practices This role would set strategy and provide hands on engineering to build capabilities to support multiple Agile software delivery teams and their platform needs. This person will have the desire to tackle hard problems and solve things once, so application development teams can focus on business logic and customer experience. This person would also guide and educate developers on security, automation, and cloud architecture/technology. This person will work closely with security, Infrastructure, Risk, Middleware, and other areas of the company to ensure continuous delivery and DevOps are influenced throughout the value chain.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Architect/Design/Build/Support patterns and implementation details needed for Event Sourcing (ES) and Command Query Responsibility Segregation (CQRS).
• Willingness to work in legacy infrastructure and application as well as green field.
• Provide reference implementations and sample repositories that can be ultilzed by developers.
o Including testing libraries
o Docker Compose
o Log standards and forwarders
o Base level infrastructure automation that allows sample repo to deploy to non prod cloud
o Other developer needed supporting tools/configuration
• Be an evangelist who is willing to work across groups to foster a deeper understanding of Security, Cloud, CI/CD, and DevOps principles.
• Work as a technical expert who can go wide in application development and cloud architecture, but who can go deep in Security and Implementation details.
• 5-10 years of experience in one or more of the following: Java, Clojure, Scala, Node.js, IOS (Swift), Android, Ruby, or Python
• Experience with distributed cloud architecture and implementations. Specifically AWS services such as EC2, ECS, Lambda, API Gateway, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Kenesis.
• At least 2 years of experience with distributed messaging systems such as Kafka.
• At least 2 years experience with Infrastructure as Code and AWS AMI and Cloud Formation.
• Experience architecting security into the solution.
• Experience with Agile/Jira/Confluence/HipChat/Slack, Jenkins/Cobertura/PMD/FindBugs.
Educational, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
• Bachelor’s degree or 10-15 years IT Experience in lieu of Degree
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 8:00-5:00
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday