Sr. Test Manager
Location: Johnston, RI
Consumer banking is moving towards a complete digital ecosystems. Automation is key. Mobile, API and web testing.
Candidate will manage and help drive consumer banking to an automated CI/CD approach.
tools used are Selenium, perfecto, fortify, nexisIQ, junit, cucumber, Jasmin. Candidate will access what is used and make recommendations on other automated tools to use.
This is a Scrum model
As the Software Quality Testing Manager you will join our growing Consumer Digital Development team. You will champion quality and excellence throughout the organization while managing and helping to grow our team of manual and automated testers along with setting the technology direction from a tooling standpoint. You will help to discover and file bugs for multiple software suites while working closely with the QA team and software developers to perform early testing (shift left) on application components. You will work with defined testing tools and recommend new tools and processes to ensure software quality. You’ll provide expert-level leadership for robust and comprehensive test planning and execution, and grow the organization to meet our needs.
• Leading a team of QA engineers by setting clear expectations, keeping team members energized, and delivering great results.
• Ability to develop automated and manual testing frameworks for front-end (web and Mobile), back-end and APIs
• Drive the creation and maintenance of test scripts from lower environments up to production day deployment and platform tests.
• Strong aptitude to learn and grow, no matter how much you know, you are always seeking to learn more and to become a better engineer and leader.
• Build testing tools that are deeply integrated with our build and deploy pipelines to surface bugs before production releases.
• Create and maintain test environments and test data sets that accurately or closely model our production environment.
• Identify creative new ways to test the quality and increase automated coverage of our products at scale.
• Working with product development teams to suggest and adopt new testing systems and maximize their efficacy.
• Acting as the point of contact and representative for the testing systems within the consumer organization.
• Collaborate to evolve/improve our automated quality assurance strategy that is reliable and scales with our business.
• Work with Product and Engineering leadership to align priorities, resourcing, and budgets to achieve the most favorable product and business outcomes.
• Recruit and hire top talent maintaining our high standards of excellence.
• 5+ years of relevant software testing experience in fast paced environments
• 3-5 years with our tech stack (job applicants would not know what this includes) or comparable tools (Selenium, Perfecto, Nexus IQ, Fortify)
• 1-3 years’ experience with behavior driven automation frameworks similar to Cucumber-js, Jasmine, jbehave
• Experience with build tools like: Jenkins, CircleCI, or GitLab
• Experience with driving negative testing scenarios and using frameworks to meet that requirement
• 3-5 years’ experience automating tests for REST APIs, mobile applications (IOS and Android) and web applications.