UI/UX Designer III
Location: Johnston RI (remote during covid) then on site 2-3 days a week
Duration: 6 months (could convert to FT)
Strong / Senior level designer who is dedicated to the design. (80%)
Expert with Sketch
UX Research skills (20%)
Design System experience (rules, colors, design elements, code)
Real focus for this role is on Design System experience.
Plus skills: experience working with developers, banking
Green Pixel Studios is charged with pushing the envelope on user experience design in digital. This role, reporting to the Director of Design Engineering, will set the stage for the evolution of user experience in financial services. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about envisioning experiences that push imaginative solutions to enable the bank’s clients to fulfill their financial dreams.
The Principal UI/UX Designer will be on a dedicated team responsible for the evolution and adoption of the Design system. Working closely with a cross-functional team, this role will lead the maturity of the UI Kit and ensure the design of new components are flexible for the enterprise, validated through research, and clearly communicated thru documentation. Your background in systems thinking and devotion to good design and aesthetics will make you successful in this leadership role.
Client is embarking on an extensive program of innovative digital transformation. That’s why we’re looking for motivated team players to embrace our user-centric vision and help facilitate change. It’s an opportunity to be a creative contributor on many projects.
Green Pixel Studios colleagues are charged with devoting dedicated time to pursuing innovation and delivering UX/UI expertise to the bank in its digital projects. This role with the studio team will support Consumer Banking, including the dot com storefront, sales applications, the secure user environments of online and mobile banking, and internal sites, as needed.
- Owning, building, and maintaining the design (UI Kit) of the Design System and its creative direction
- Being accountable for quality control, re-usability, and definition of standards to support the Design System thru hands-on collaboration with developers and designers
- Assisting the Design System Lead in story writing, sprint planning, and other agile ceremonies to drive the throughput of work in support of the Design System
- Driving a systems-based approach to designing and maintaining assets in Sketch (symbol management, shared libraries, naming conventions, etc.)
- Conducting UX research through standard techniques such as competitive analysis, usability testing, and surveys
- Mentoring, motivating and coaching User Experience colleagues
- Helping identify any issues impeding the team and recommending plans of action to remediate
- Hiring top UX design talent to address resource and operational changes
- Being adaptable to departmental plans and priorities to address challenges
- Contributing to project level work as needed including but not limited to creating wireframes, mockups, user flows, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design concepts, specifically through the lens of component driven design
- Contributing to design leadership in the creation of UX design process workflows, as well as helping define strategy, direction, and documentation
- Provide subject matter expertise, integrating in-depth knowledge of user experience design as well as knowledge of other areas (UX research, agile development, etc.)
- Communicating complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Spreading design thinking and user centered design through the bank
- Advocate for the end-user
- 8+ years experience in UI/UX design
- Hands on experience in designing and delivering a design system
- Portfolio of UX-focused work samples for web and mobile applications
- Experience designing for accessibility (WCAG, ADA, etc.)
- Expert level experience working with modern design tools: Sketch, InVision, Abstract & Figma, etc.
- Experience creating specs for UI deliverables, including states, behaviors and style
- Strong familiarity with Human Interface Guidelines (iOS) and Material Design Guidelines (Android)
- Strong listening, organization, and communication skills
- Experience with cross-team interactions
- Experience with front-end web development (HTML and CSS)
- Familiarity with front-end web frameworks such as React, Angular, etc.
- Ability to whiteboard, document and lead sessions with product and development teams to derive innovative solutions
- Experience with project tracking systems such as JIRA, Confluence, etc.