The Business Analyst will join the Agile team for an Active Directory consolidation project. This project will support schools and departments across the University to migrate into a single University Active Directory.
The Business Analyst will be a key member of the Agile project team and a conduit for managing requirements between the schools/departments migrating into the University Active Directory and the Engineering Team.
- Actively engage with schools/departments across theUniversity, including participating in meetings and communications through the migration process.
- Gather, analyze, and document requirements and needs from the schools/departments, potentially working with several at one time.
- Write user stories translating business requirements into actionable work for the Engineering Team.
- Participate in the project team’s Agile events (daily Scrum, backlog grooming, etc.).
- Write project documentation and communications in partnership with the Project Manager/Scrum Master.
- Clarify requirements and user stories for the Engineering Team and Product Owner so that high value work can be prioritized.
- Partner with the Product Owner to support prioritizing the highest value work for the schools/departments, and possibly proxy for the Product Owner in meetings if needed.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Business Analyst role working with a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience translating technical requirements into user stories
- Attention to detail and analytical skills
- A team-player who can collaborate with technical and non-technical resources
- Comfort with change and problem-solving skills
- Experience working on Agile teams (Kanban and/or Scrum)
- Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience working in an academic institution
This is a newly forming Agile team, and experience working on new teams would also be a plus.