|7/30: Hands on, create server build specs, build sheets, technical plans.
4 positions one in each OS: Windows, Solaris, Oracle , MS SQL.
As systems analyst within the organization, you will be supporting the project manager in cross-organizational infrastructure lifecycle initiatives migrating multiple application stacks from legacy infrastructure to current technology.
|The role will be key in the discovery phase of the project collecting application data and assisting in the remediation artifact creation.
Reviews, analyse, and evaluates business or infrastructure application needs to create systems requirements that support overall lifecycle strategies. Documents system requirements defines scope and objectives and creates system specifications that drive system deployment and implementation. Incumbents function as a liaison between IT and application owners and have both business and technical expertise.
|Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identify and document the current ‘as is’ state
- Engage business representatives and app owners to explain the future ‘to be’ state
- Collect, analyse and interpret discovery data
- Document the future ‘to be’ state
- Support the design and testing related to the future state
- Act as application owner single point of contact
- Facilitate building the deployment plan
- Complete build specs, app profile, deployment and migration plans
- Ensure a successful migration to app owner specs, submits old server decommission, submits CMDB updates
- Accept new system from build team for migration, creates migration / upgrade SOPs / runbooks
- Manage migration hand-offs and cutover
- Work with implementation vendor to ensure successful migrations and confirms application and infrastructure cutover acceptance
- Works with the project manager to collate discovery inventory and manage application Inventory
- Collaborate with client resources to categorize application criticality
- Assists with migration plan approaches
- Support the communication plan in respect of business communications
- Strong spoken and written communications skills
- Excellent understanding of infrastructure architecture
- Excellent understanding of business processes and application workflows
- Broad understanding (not required to be in depth) of multiple technologies
- Experience with Open Systems platforms such as Windows, RH Linux, Solaris and AIX is an advantage
- Experience with virtualization platforms such as ESX, Oracle LDOM, AIX VIO, RH KVM is an advantage
- Experience with MS SQL, Oracle and Sybase is an advantage
- Quick technical comprehension and motivation focused on client outcome
- 3+ years’ experience as a systems analyst
- Experience in the financial services sector
- Infrastructure lifecycle migration or related experience
- Global experience is a plus
- Experience in fast-paced technology project roles
- Effective working individually and within team environments
- Able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks