Duration 11 months
Location: Johnston, RI
TOP SKILLS: Data Mart, PL/SQL Stored procedures etc, understanding of the life-cycle and Business Intelligence
This is a Data Architect role for a Business Intelligence (BI) platform. This position will be responsible for creating data driven solutions enabling business and regulatory reporting while working with multiple cross functional teams to enable capabilities for risk reporting, portfolio analytics, regulatory/industry data submissions, Allowance for Loans and Lease Loss provisioning (ALLL) and Basel risk model development. A successful candidate will have in depth understanding of dimensional modeling techniques and experience working with large volumes of data. She/he will be well versed with database design principles, able to write and decode complex queries and well versed with DB tuning and performance optimization techniques.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Understand business requirements, analyze and design solutions demonstrating best practices
• Participate in requirements review sessions and design meetings
• Develop database code to meet the business requirements and support the development life cycle all the way through Production release
• Understand, analyze, and interpret financial services datasets to provide informed recommendations and analysis
• Review, challenge, and innovate processes and procedures on a periodic basis
• Document design solutions, mappings, data dictionary
• Expertise in Dimensional Modeling with proven track record of building scalable architecture to support business reporting and analysis
• 4+ years of experience working with complex data architecture involving multiple inbound sources and data grains
• 4+ years of experience designing solutions involving large data streams and optimizing architecture for better performance
• 5+ years of experience working with Oracle (must have) and preferably DB2, SQL Server and ability to write complex queries and tuning them for optimal performance
• 5+ years of experience writing stored procedures, functions, packages using PL/SQL
• Ability to understand complex business requirements and work with business analysts to drive solution design
• Ability to work with multiple cross functional teams
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment while delivering quality output
• Excellent documentation and communication skills
• Prior Financial or Banking experience desired.
• Experience with ETL platform like DataStage
• Knowledge of BI platform like Cognos and/or Tableau
Frontier Systems Consulting, Inc.