Johnston, RI (on site primarily / some remote due to this being a scrum environment)
6 month contract
Client needs a high energy developer that has cross functional technical skills who can assist our business clients with their current digital marketing and sales platforms. As a Lead Development Engineer, this person will work with fellow technology and business associates to implement business solutions through best practice architectures, tools, and frameworks to provide the company with integrated digital, web, and social media business capabilities. They will be supporting the organization's efforts to expand its corporate marketing and sales capabilities and will directly impact the marketing landscape by building state-of-the-art user engagement solutions that feed analytical capabilities. This person will also be expected to analyze developing technology trends and be an active contributor in the delivery of strategic digital solutions into the marketplace. Strong communication and understanding of opentext’s Teamsite/Livesite would be ideal . Collaborate with business and marketing stakeholders on improving the user experience.
• experience implementing Content Management solutions. they use an opentext suite of products
• Java development experience
• Development of CMS components, templates, and workflows
• Design and Develop FormsPublisher templates using FormAPI, in-line callouts, CGI callouts, custom roles, menu options and OpenDeploy configurations.
• Design and Develop Taxonomy, IDOL Search and metadata management
Primary responsibilities include:
• Participates to the Architecture design of the application and their integration
• Stays up to date with the latest evolutions of the opentext products, UI & Java frameworks.
• Responsible for planning, analysis, detailed design, developing/coding, testing and implementation of software components, including CMS templates, components and forms configuration; develop custom components when applicable, debugs, supports, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products.
• Adheres to the established lifecycle methodology.
• Packages deliverables according to the expected structure and formats.
• Organizes and maintains installation and operational documents and release notes for each delivery.
• Uses current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging and/or break fixes of applications.
• Adheres to best practices and quality criteria in all development activities.
• Collaborate with business and marketing stakeholders on improving the user experience
• Understands database concepts is ideal – proficient in writing relational database queries – Oracle
• Ability to develop functional, technical and user interface designs for an application that meets the defined requirements (business, system performance and standards)
• Experience with building web applications that use responsive design to better support mobile devices.
• Experience in highly-secured online environments that use n-tier designs and extensive firewalling to enhance security.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a highly skilled development team working on multiple development projects with quick turnaround times.
• Familiarity with Agile best practices, tools, and techniques.
• Candidate must be a team player who possess excellent leadership and interpersonal skills that works and communicates well with technical and non-technical resources. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and possess the ability to work with limited direction while being highly productive.
• Strong desire to take on work in all skillsets, JAVA, CMS, UI and QA within a scrum team environment.
Nice to have:
• Experience in any Content Management System such as AEM, Sitecore, WordPress, Drupal or Teamsite.
• Experience with Togaf or Lean Six Sigma Architecture.
• Familiarity with accessible web design and development
• Familiarity with assistive technologies, such as JAWS
• Working knowledge of Git
• Familiarity with CSS pre-processing tools.
Frontier Systems Consulting, Inc.